Dec 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009, Hello 2010!

Hi, everybody! There's no stopping 2010 from ushering in, with renewed hopes and positivity on every aspect - personal finances, the economy in general, family relations, personal endeavors, the environment, peace and order, politics, and what-have-yous.

In my case, I opted to start this promising and exciting new year with this freshly-setup blog, my third blog for that matter.  I intend to "kill" my femmepower.crunchystyle blog due to some personal frustrations. In a few days, I'll be transferring this new blog to the domain I've bought from godaddy last September but until everything is ready, I'll have to use this free blogger domain in the meantime.  And since I'm starting this blog with a clean slate, I'm now looking for blogs to include in my blogroll.  If you want your blog's link to show up on my side bar, just let me know by leaving a comment. I love visiting other blogs through my blogroll because it's very convenient to blog-hop from it.  So please feel free to leave your link in the comment section.  And oh, English blogs only and no adult contents please.  Thanks!

So what makes this year promising and exciting for me?  Well for starters, I'm about to jumpstart my career again in the call center industry this month.  I'm joining a new company and I'm pretty excited to pour out my passion to work again, just like the way I "lusted" about work and career growth in my younger years.   I'm now up to the challenge of juggling both home and work responsibilities again with so much excitement.

Also, I believe a lot of people around the world are looking forward to positive circumstances this year instead of cringing over negative possibilities.   Some may have vowed to themselves some new year's resolution to make their lives even better and happier this year.  What's your new year's resolution?

On the more serious note, I'm hoping for honest results in the May 11 elections here in the Philippines.   I'm crossing my fingers that we, the voters, would eventually come up with the right choices of candidates and that our voices will be heard (and not cheated).   I'm hoping for peace and justice, and that no more election-related violence would happen again like what happened in Ampatuan, Maguindanao last November.  I hope that the Ampatuan massacre case will be tried without political biases, and that there be a speedy resolution to the case instead of it being another classic example to the old adage "Justice delayed is justice denied." I'm also raising my hopes high that private armies in the country would finally be disbanded and that arrogant displays of power by politicians would be dealt with accordingly in the bars of justice (errr, wishful thinking?).

Lastly, I'm looking forward to a better year for each and everyone of you, wherever you may be.   I hope that you and your family will be blessed with the things that really matter most - a gift of good health, happy home, and peace of mind.

Ooops, don't forget to leave your link in the comment section so I could put your blog in my blogroll in no time.   Happy 2010, everybody!

7 comments:

femmepower said...

test

GPARTHA said...

hi
i am excited how newyear brings all new things
lovely blog keep it up

Gene said...

Happy new year! I can't wait to go back to work. I am still breastfeeding my baby girl and having difficulty weaning her but I planned to go back to work this year. With our economy, it's really difficult to have only one working person in the family. I'd like to start soon, even if it's a part time call center job. My priority is still to spend time with the little girl.

Hey, I did add you in my blogroll. I hope you don't mind. :D

Mom Says... said...

Gpartha - Very true! Thanks for visiting here,I'll add you up in my blogroll,ok?

Gene - You're right,it's difficult to just depend on 1 breadwinner.Hard to rest on our laurels hehe good luck! Convergys is looking for part-time call center agents,you might want to try them out.

Maria @ Conversations with Moms said...

It's great to see your new blog. Love it.

Mom Says said...

Great to see you here,Maria.Happy new year to you and your family!

Ebie said...

Got this link from your crunchstyle blog.

Post a Comment